Job ID: #2020-152
Employment Type: Full time
Job Industry: Real Estate
Job Location: North York
Software: Quickbooks/ Sage
Our client, a privately held Canadian property management company is seeking a hand on experienced Accountant to be in charge of the daily accounting functions as required. You are a “doer”, hands on, outgoing, independent, analytical, detailed-oriented and results driven professional. Reporting to the Corporate Controller
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- assisting property manager with all aspects of the operations and accounting
- Coordinating suppliers and service providers for property maintenance and repairs
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement monthly including budget variance analysis.
- Assist with monthly and year-end financial reporting, including analysis and preparation of reporting package and working papers;
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement monthly including budget variance analysis
- Maintain all invoices, as well as, the additions of any accruals
- Execute monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Year end operating and realty tax tenant reconciliations Additional duties as assigned.
YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- Minimum 5 years of accounting
- Strong organizational skills, reliable, autonomous and ability to handle multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with QuickBooks
Join the team and make a difference!