Areas of Practice
In our Litigation Department, we have experience prosecuting and defending a broad range of civil and commercial litigation and administrative cases including:
- Employment and wrongful dismissal cases (acting for both employers and employees)
- Shareholder disputes and oppression remedy applications
- Construction Lien Litigation (acting for owners, general contractors, sub-contractors and material suppliers)
- Real estate litigation (including boundary disputes, easements, adverse possession, and aborted transactions)
- Commercial tenancy disputes (acting for both Landlords and Tenants)
- Debt collection and enforcement of security
- Estate litigation (including contested wills and intestacies, claims for resulting and constructive trusts)
- Solicitor’s negligence/malpractice (acting for both clients and solicitors in civil actions and disciplinary proceedings)
- Proceedings and Hearings before various administrative tribunals
- We strive to achieve a cost effective and practical resolution.
If your rights need to be protected urgently prior to the commencement of proceedings (or in some cases, if events dictate during the course of proceedings), we may seek interim injunctive relief such as: a) a Mareva Order (where we would seek to freeze assets); b) a Certificate of Pending Litigation (which is registered specifically against land in which an interest is claimed); or c) an Anton Piller Order (which is akin to a civil search warrant).
Lawyers specializing in Litigation:
If you would like to set up a private consultation to discuss your matter, please contact Rahul Shastri or David Winer for further information.
We can assist with the following types of matters:
- Purchase or sale of a commercial or residential property
- Mortgage or refinancing (for both lenders or borrowers)
- Lease review and negotiations
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Purchase or sale of a business (whether by purchase share purchase or asset purchase – acting for either purchasers or vendors)
- Preparation and registration of security agreements
- Preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorneys
Lawyers specializing in Corporate, Commercial, Estates and Real Estate:
Please call Bruce Desmond if you would like to set up a confidential appointment to discuss your matter.
KSDWP LLP gets results for our municipal law and development clients through hard work and an in-depth understanding of the complex field of municipal law. Staying on top of the ever-changing land use approval process is essential to giving our clients the best chance for success.
KSDWPLLP is consistently ranked among the top municipal law firms in the Greater Toronto Area by Novae Res Urbis. This reputation and recognition is hard-earned each year.
KSDWP LLP has extensive experience representing both public and private sector clients in areas of Municipal, Land Use Planning, Expropriation, Environmental, Litigation and Real Estate Law.
We work hard to achieve successful results, in a cost-effective and timely manner..
The municipal law section is comprised of eight (8) lawyers and two (2) planners. This allows us to tailor legal services best suited to the situation.
The firm has demonstrated experience and expertise in the following areas:
- All aspects of the land use and development process including Official Plans and Zoning By-laws (including applications to amend same), Plans of Subdivision, Minor Variances, Severances, Site Plan, Development Permits;
- Development Charges, Community Benefits and Section 37 bonusing, and Parkland Dedication;
- Heritage Matters;
- Drafting of a wide range of agreements required as part of the land use approval process;
- Mediation and negotiations to avoid otherwise costly and lengthy disputes at the Ontario Land Tribunal; and
- Leading full cases at the Ontario Land Tribunal and all levels of court in Ontario.
Lawyers specializing in Litigation:
Please contact us if you would like to set up a confidential appointment to discuss your matter.