KSDWP LLP gets results for our municipal law and development clients through hard work and an in-depth understanding of the complex field of municipal law. Staying on top of the ever-changing land use approval process is essential to giving our clients the best chance for success.
KSDWPLLP is consistently ranked among the top municipal law firms in the Greater Toronto Area by Novae Res Urbis. This reputation and recognition is hard-earned each year.
KSDWP LLP has extensive experience representing both public and private sector clients in areas of Municipal, Land Use Planning, Expropriation, Environmental, Litigation and Real Estate Law.
We work hard to achieve successful results, in a cost-effective and timely manner..
The municipal law section is comprised of eight (8) lawyers and two (2) planners. This allows us to tailor legal services best suited to the situation.
The firm has demonstrated experience and expertise in the following areas:
- All aspects of the land use and development process including Official Plans and Zoning By-laws (including applications to amend same), Plans of Subdivision, Minor Variances, Severances, Site Plan, Development Permits;
- Development Charges, Community Benefits and Section 37 bonusing, and Parkland Dedication;
- Heritage Matters;
- Drafting of a wide range of agreements required as part of the land use approval process;
- Mediation and negotiations to avoid otherwise costly and lengthy disputes at the Ontario Land Tribunal; and
- Leading full cases at the Ontario Land Tribunal and all levels of court in Ontario.